What happened: I didn't do much today, but I did end up watching the movie, Evan Almighty. I had seen Bruce Almighty and had wanted to watch the sequel. I finally got my chance when I saw that it was playing on TV. The plot is very much about coming together with those you are close to and appreciating the family that you have. About halfway through the movie, my step-dad got home from work. He almost immediately started harping on me as usual being snarky about my day spent at home, even though he should know full well by now that I wanted to head back to WNY two days ago (darn you weather!).
What I learned: This has been a recurring theme for me quite often lately. I want little more than to have a family that's close. I want to know more about them. I want to feel like they enjoy having me around and want to spend time with me and get to know me. I want us to be close and be able to go out and have fun. I've wanted this for years. And my step-dad once again reminded why this doesn't happen. He reminded me of why I can't get out of this funk. The movie at the end has god spell out "A-R-K" while saying "a random act of kindness." Maybe that would be a better place than any for starting to build an "ark" with which to bring my family together.
No comments:
Post a Comment